Here we are about to discuss what's rooting android Phone and what are the benefits and drawbacks of rooting your android phone. Why should and should not you root your android device.
What is Root : Rooting is the method of gaining full admin control of the android phone. You can use the mobile to its full potential, Rooting means that giving yourself special privilege or root permissions on your smartphone. It’s similar to running programs as administrators in Windows PC. Once rooting your device you'll be able to install different Kernel, Mods, ROM on your device. You can install latest android updates (like the android v6.0.1 marshmallow) On old device by installing third party ROM like CyanogenMod v13. You can overclock the GPU and CPU of your smartphone to get the most effective performance. You can hibernate any app you wish. You can under clock the CPU to get higher battery life. You can even restore, backup or batch edit applications and take away the bloatware that comes per-installed on several phones. You can use the device to its full potential.
How is Rooting Different from Jailbreak : Most of the people consider rooting as the jailbreak of androids, however in reality these 2 are very different ideas. Jailbreak refers to bypassing the options prohibited by Apple, as well as modifying the OS (enforced by locked boot-loader), installing non approved apps and granting the user administrative privileges. Whereas only few android phones lock the boot-loaders and a few branded corporations like Asus, Google and Sony explicitly offer the ability to unlock their phone and even replace the OS entirely.
Pros of Rooting (Advantages) : Why should you Root your Android
01) Unlock Hidden Options and Install Incompatible Apps : You'll be able to unlock the incompatible apps or the apps that are prohibited or can’t be accessed in a specific country or region.
02) Hack WiFi from your Android Device : Yeah this is true, you'll be able to hack WiFi network and disable different people’s net connection within the same WiFi. WiFi Kill is an app that may be used for hacking WiFi network.
03) Overclock your Mobile Processor : You'll be able to increase the processing speed of your mobile. Although this can be risky, so gather enough info before executing it.
04) Block Ads from Android Apps : Android users will be conscious of the annoying ads that pop up in between some applications, however you can make them get away once you root your phone. Ad-Block is an app used for blocking and removing ads.
05) Increase RAM of your Device : Rooting also provides you the advantage of increasing the RAM of your smartphone that helps to boost up the speed as well as prevents the frequent crashing of android.
06) Install Different ROM, Kernel, Mods : You can install completely different ROM, Kernels and Mods on your mobile when rooting it.Android is the best OS for the mobile device once it comes to customization.
07) Under-clock the CPU to Boost Battery Life : You can under-clock the central processing unit to get better battery life on your smartphone.
Cons of Rooting (Disadvantages) : Why should not you Root your Android
01) Bricking : This is the foremost dreaded word of the rooting world. Once you brick your gadget, it simply means your android mobile is now a awfully fancy and really unusable brick. Unless you're a very smart software engineer or have a family member working in manufacturing company of mobiles, you'll have to flush up some cash. Your phone will have to pay a visit to the service center and you'll have to make do 2-3 weeks while not it, additionally, if they found out that you were rooting your phone, they might as well ask for a penalty fee.
02) You End up Voiding Phone’s Warranty : The moment you root your phone, you void your phone’s warrantee, so if something happens to the phone, the corporate will charge you even if it was within the 1st month of its warrantee period. In some cases, you can un root however in most cases there's no going back.
03) Ad Blocking : Yes, you read it right, whereas it can also be considered as an advantage however within the long run this might turn out to be a large disadvantage. The revenue generated because of pop-up ads gets used by developers to additional develop the app and upgrade it.
04) Security Risks : If you install any malicious software package on your android phone it increases the protection risk. So root is disabled by default.